Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: Photo Store

This photo was not too much of a challenge for me. I took a self portrait in the local well known photography stores in town, Casey’s Camera. In order to accomplish this I called ahead of time to speak with the manager of the location to get permission to come into their store and set up my camera on top of my tripod and take a picture. I offered the manager to join me in the photo if he pleased, and I also informed him that I would be putting the photo on my blog and would make a tweet about the store to try and give them some more recognition. The next day I arrived at the store and asked for the manager that I had previously spoken to letting him know who I was and then asked him where it was ok for me to set up at? He allowed me to set up anywhere I chose to so I decided to place myself in the frame with the selection of cameras and lenses behind me. I like the fact that in the background of this photo on the very top of the shelves you can see a selection of old fashion film cameras. In this photo I didn’t use any kind of flash I just used the ambient light that was available in the store and the natural light that was coming in from the windows. I changed my white balance to match up with the light from the store so I changed it to florescent. I had my shutter speed set at 1/40 of a second and I had my f/stop at f/4. I was using my 28-105mm lens so I wouldn’t have too much depth in the background so everything behind me from the store could be seen. I also had my iso set at 100. During editing I decided to add the text up to the top right hand corner, the name of the store to help with the recognition for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment