Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: Incredible Photo

With the very challenging photo challenge that I had to do this week, I decided to go to a place that I haven’t been to in about 15 years. I had actually forgotten just how beautiful this place actually was. In some ways this was surprisingly kind of a fun challenge but a little more difficult at the same time because of the destination that I chose and trying to get up to where I finally captured my photo. The place where I went to is the beautiful Valley of Fire. I climbed up on a boulder cliff rock that was called “the Beehives”. Getting up on top of this one was definitely a little scary but fun at the same time. In order to capture this image I arrived out there a little late in the afternoon, so I could get some amazing shots of the rocks as the sun was beginning to set then the orange on the rocks was so gorgeous. In the image that I found worthy of using, I’m sitting atop the boulder while my camera is set up on my tripod at the other end of the boulder. I used my Canon Rebel T1i and had my 28-105mm f/4-5.6 lens on there. I had the ISO set at 100. I had the f/stop set at an f/5.6 and the shutter speed was set at 1/60 of a second. I used all natural lighting for this image. The shot was captured at 5:30pm when the sun was starting to go down. I finally placed the image into photo shop to do a little bit of touching up before the image was final as you can see before you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment