Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: Self Portrait

The photo I chose to do for the weekly photo challenge is Ansel Adams “Waterfall” that was taken in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. This photo came out of his collection called Wilderness.  Ansel Adams worked mostly in black and white photography but in his later years he also specialized in some color photography as well. The photo that I chose is one of his most beautiful color photos that he ever made. I looked online to find one of Ansel Adams beautiful landscape shots that I could use as my background. That is when I came across this gorgeous image. I took a self portrait of myself using my canon rebel t1i camera and used my 28-105mm lens. I placed my camera atop of my tripod and shot the image outdoors to try and match the coloration of me to the image done by Ansel Adams. I had my aperture set at 1/125 of a sec and I had my f/stop set at 4.0 with my iso at 100. I also used the setting on the camera that I could use my wireless remote to help capture the image perfectly. After I got the image that I wanted to use for this assignment I took the photo of myself and the one I got from Ansel Adams gallery I put them both into photo shop and used a couple of layers and placed the image of myself into the image created by Ansel Adams and made it look like I was originally in the photograph when he actually captured that moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment