Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge: Collage


For this week’s photo challenge, we had to challenge ourselves to come up with a great idea for a collage. After watching the movie in class it shows that you can always change that you are if you truly believe and find the passion that you may have for something. The main idea for that is to really go forward and push you to make that change in life. The idea I came up with for my collage has a lot to do with the career choice and field of photography I want and plan to pursue in my life. I felt that I should truly express my real passion for the sport that one day I plan to work alongside permanently. With my special field choice in the photography world I’m planning on being a sports photographer I had to represent my team in this collage. So I decided to take 5 different photographs that I had taken over a year ago in an earlier class and edited them beautifully. I started out with a blank document in photo shop and sized it up to be a 5x7. I picked and chose the 5 still life shots that I had edited and placed them all around the blank document as I thought they fit well. I also had to resize them so they would all fit accordingly. I followed that by setting up my camera on my tripod in my room to capture a self portrait of me in my jersey and my logoed pillow matched up well with the concept. I used my 50mm lens and had the iso turned up to 800 based on the ambient light I had in my room. I had the f/stop set at the lowest stop of an f/1.8 to get that little depth. I had to turn the shutter speed way down to 1/60 sec just to get the right kind of light. Finally after I captured the right shot that I wanted to use I placed it into photo shop and did a little touch up on it and added a nice vignette to help accentuate the photo. I then added it to the collage in the correct spot for it to get the final look that you see before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment