Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week 8 Photo challenge: Combat Photography


For this week’s photo challenge of a combat photographer, I was a little confused on exactly what was required for this challenge. So I had the opportunity to talk to a couple different people and asked them what their interpretation was of the assignment. I got a couple different answers to my question and decided to take the second answer and go for that approach on this challenge. I decided to capture a photograph of myself having a pillow fight with myself. I set my camera up on my tripod next to my kitchen so I could have enough light without having to use a flash. I was using my 50mm lens and had the f/stop set all the way down to an f/1.8 aperture. I also had the ISO set at 400 due to the minimal amount of light that was available. I had the shutter speed set at 1/125 of a second. I took various shots to try and create the illusion of the idea that there was actually two of me battling each other. I wanted it to look more real than fake so I made sure that I had different shirts on and that my hair was styled differently. With having taken many different shots there actually was only 1 shot from each direction that actually worked well with each other. Once I had gotten the two that worked I took them and uploaded them into bridge first to correct the lighting of them, following up with them in photo shop. After getting the first image lined up I took the second image and used the magnetic lasso tool and cut myself out of the other image and lined myself up in the new photo. After that was done then it lead you to the image you see before you the final product of my version of a combat photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment