Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 6 EOC: How Art Changed Me


Deciding to come to this school in particular was a huge decision for me. When I thought about going to school to pursue my dream as a photographer and get my degree in this field, I thought seriously about it and didn’t want to go anywhere else but to The Art Institute of Las Vegas. By choosing to attend this school I have had more hands on experience and by having the opportunity to work with other professional photographers in different areas of photography. Before coming to this school, I looked at photography as more of a small passion/hobby. As I have grown with going to school here, I have become more and more passionate as my love for photography has grown. By attending school here I have learned more than I would have ever known just by trying to figure out this stuff on my own. As far as how art has changed me, I have grown into more of having a stronger passion for the sports area of the field in photography. Being able to attend an art school rather than a regular community college, has way more advantages for me in getting to elaborate on the whole idea of art as a whole. The best part about it is the classes are way smaller and it gives you that opportunity to be a little more one on one with the teachers who generally work in the field of study. I feel that I have more chances to get better feedback and critiques from them on how my work is rather then having the average Joe look at it and say its great just to make me happy with myself. Learning more about how to improve my work and get the skills I need for my degree has made me more open to challenge and improve my art in a way that no one else will be able to duplicate. It really gives me that chance to seriously put myself into my art the best way that I can professionally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment